Hotels in Sandusky, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Sandusky online
- Find a cheap hotel in Sandusky!
- Book at the ideal price!
Sandusky: Home of Cedar Point
Thrill seekers, look no further: Sandusky is a charming city in Ohio that boasts the world-famous Cedar Point Amusement Park. Along with one of the best theme parks on the planet, the area is also home to exhilarating water parks, spectacular coastal trails and alluring sandy white Lake Erie shores. Not only that, but downtown Sandusky also offers historic architecture, exciting dining options and unique shopping opportunities – all of which are ripe for exploring.
When it comes to thrills in Sandusky – and even Ohio overall – the only place to start is with Cedar Point. Described as the ‘roller coaster capital of the world’, Cedar Park astonishingly contains more than 70 rides overall. From the world’s first Giga Coaster in the form of Millennium Force to gentle rides suitable for younger travellers, there is virtually something for everyone to get a large dose of excitement and adrenaline. And putting aside the amusement rides aspect for one moment, this immensely popular destination also has an array of hotels and resorts, food and drink options, and regular live shows – making it a great one-stop place for an extended stay. Yet this isn’t the only choice for adventure; Sandusky features a wide assortment of water parks. Along with the expansive and varied Kalahari Resorts a top pick for unwinding and splashing around, other highly regarded options available include Castaway Bay Waterpark and the Great Wolf Lodge Water Park.
Attractions to Experience
Although it is fair to say that amusement parks are generally at the forefront of a trip to Sandusky, this does not mean that the city lacks other things to do and experience. This is evidenced by the selection of museums that are dotted throughout the area. One of the most acclaimed is the Merry-Go-Round Museum, where you can explore and learn about the history of the carousel. The Sandusky Maritime Museum has a varied amount of exhibits to discover, while the Follett House Museum – with its focus on local history that is preserved via an outstanding collection of artefacts – is also a recommended place to visit. For exhilaration of a different kind, the Ghostly Manor Thrill Center combines a haunted house atmosphere with multiple family-friendly activities. Animal lovers are covered by the enchanting Lagoon Deer Park, and drink lovers can enjoy high-quality wine at the Firelands Winery. Oh, and don’t forget the Sandusky Speedway, where you can catch a race… or even experience a lap of the track yourself with the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience!
If preparing food at your hotel or accommodation choice is not part of your travelling plans, you will be pleased to know that Sandusky has an appealing selection of dining options available. In line with the city being aimed at families, casual restaurants are plentiful. From independent pizza joints to famous franchises, there is something for everyone – young and old – to satisfy their taste buds. With that said, if you are in search of a special dining experience that goes beyond the ordinary, Berardi’s Family Kitchen is the place to go. With its origins dating back to 1939, this Sandusky institution serves up tasty home-style cooking to the delight of Ohio residents and visitors from around the world. Away from the food side of things, the city also has diverse picks when it comes to enjoying a drink. Whether it’s a trendy nightspot or laidback pub with live music, finding a place to suit your needs is simple when residing in downtown Sandusky.
Shopping in Sandusky
If shopping is your focal reason for travelling, it is fair to say that Sandusky is not the best option in America. However, don’t let that dissuade you from grabbing all kinds of treats and gifts during your trip – the city still benefits from a healthy amount of well-known retailers and independent stores. As for one place that has a concentrated place full of shops, the Sandusky Mall is arguably the best place to visit. Located to the south of the city centre, this mall contains more than 70 establishments – many of which are popular national chains that contain nearly everything you could need. That said, if you are seeking an item that is a touch more unique and individualistic, the area is populated by numerous boutique shops. Most of these can be found in the downtown area of Sandusky, with them offering a lovely combination of charm and distinctive character.
Price rangefrom $33to $389
- Hotel Cedar Point's Breakers Expressdeals from $6
- Hotel Great Wolf Lodge - Sandusky OHdeals from $131
- Hotel Comfort Inn Sanduskydeals from $78
- Hotel Econo Lodge Hotel Northdeals from $37
- Hotel Best Western Plus Sandusky Hotel & Suitesdeals from $86
- Hotel Castaway Bay Resortdeals from $6
More Top Hotels
- 3 Bdrm Luxury Condo. 5 Min To Cp. Pool. Booking Now May-sept.2018
- Americas Best Value Inn Sandusky
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sandusky
- Cedar Point Breakers
- Lake Erie Shores And Islands Await!
- 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath, Private Balcony, Sleeper Sofa, Sleeps 4
- Camp Sandusky
- Best Budget Inn Sandusky
- Waterfront Condo Cedar Point & Islands Will Consider Leasing
- La Quinta Inn Sandusky near Cedar Point
- Beautiful Condo On Lake Erie
- Maples Motel
- Minutes From Cedar Point And Footsteps From The Waterfront
- Cozy 2BR, 2bath, Close to All Sites -Pool and Hot Tub
- Knights Inn Sandusky OH
- Quality Lodge
- Beautiful Condo In Chesapeake Lofts
- Very Spacious! 2 To 25 People 5 Minutes To Cedar Point! Close 2 Everything!
- Rodeway Inn North
- Hotel Kilbourne
- Magnuson Hotel East Sandusky
- Awesome Downtown Sandusky Location, Access All The Fun And Walk Everywhere
- Cedar Point's Castaway Bay
- Sleep Inn Sandusky
- New Listing Charming Victorian.sleeps 18.downtown Sandusky
- Home On Lake Erie W/private Beach Just 5 Minutes To Cedar Point Amusement Park
- Just Renovated Near It All, Cedarpoint,kalahari,beaches, But Without The Noise.
- Chesapeake Lofts Lake Front Condo
- Lakefront 3-br Home At Cedar Point For Spring-summer Free Paddle Board Rental
- Waterfront Vacation Paradise
- Family Vacation Or Premier Lake Erie Fishing ~ You Are In The Heart Of It All
- Loft condo at the Lake
- Water View Property Ideal For Hunting/fishing Groups Or Large Families
- 100 Yards From Water, Free Dock, Marblehead Cottage @ East Harbor
- Chesapeake Lofts, Sandusky Bay/Marina View Condo
- Beach Front 4 Br 2 Miles From Cedar Point! For Winter
- Bayside Shores Waterfront Unit #2
- Inquire On Weekday Discounts! Spectacular Turn-key Waterfront Getaway For Six
- Impeccable Waterfront Condo - Cedar Point, 2bed, 2bath Chesapeake Lofts
- Historical Apartments-Downtown/City View On The 2nd Floor
- Hampton Inn Sandusky Central
- Baymont Inn And Suites Sandusky - Cedar Point
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky
- Waterfront 4 Br 3miles From Cp Great For Winter
- Hotels in Port Clinton 246 Hotels deals from $46
- Hotels in Cleveland 653 Hotels deals from $66
- Hotels in Columbus 1051 Hotels deals from $32
- Hotels in Marblehead 87 Hotels deals from $71
- Hotels in New York 14329 Hotels deals from $39
- Hotels in Chicago 5979 Hotels deals from $37
More Top Destinations
- Myrtle Beach
- Las Vegas
- Atlantic City
- Washington D.C.
- Virginia Beach
- Ocean City
- Niagara Falls
- Pigeon Forge
- North Canton
- North Olmsted
- Middleburg Heights
- New Orleans
- Niagara Falls