Hotels in Sanibel Island, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Sanibel Island online
- Find a cheap hotel in Sanibel Island!
- Book at the ideal price!
Sanibel Island: A Relaxing Getaway
Some vacations are supposed to be filled with adventure and non-stop action. When you go to certain cities, you expect your trip to be busy; exploring during the day and partying at night. However, there are also vacations that are meant to be slow and relaxing. Your days are spent sleeping in, relaxing on sandy white beaches, collecting seashells, leisurely exploring and eating refreshing foods. If you just envisioned yourself doing that, then the perfect place to take your next trip is Sanibel Island. Often known as one of America’s precious vacation destinations, this island is home to some of the world’s most supreme beaches and wildlife reserves. Your vacation should be spent doing just that, while taking in the sights this island has to offer. Sanibel Island is also known for its seashells and you should pick up a few while you’re there.
Views of The Beach, While You Sleep
Sanibel Island has some of the best beaches that Florida has to offer. Lucky for you, since the city incorporates the entire island, almost every hotel, cottage and inn will have a view of the beach. All of the hotel options on the island are different and you won’t find many chain hotels. The chain hotels that you do find, offer a unique décor. One example is, Holiday Inn Sanibel Island. This beachfront hotel is located in the heart of Sanibel Island and is not far from several attractions. The hotel features an outdoor pool and poolside bar. There is also free parking. Another beachfront hotel, located near all Sanibel Island has to offer is, West Wind Inn. This hotel sits on private beachfront property and has an outdoor pool, onsite restaurant and tennis courts. A private patio with a view of the beach or pool is offered in every room. If you stay at this hotel, you should definitely explore the island with one of their bike rentals. This hotel is near restaurants and other Sanibel Island attractions.
For the cooking type, or if you’re looking for a more traditional and homey experience, Sanibel Island offers a few special options like, Anchor Inn & Cottages. The rooms are similar to cottages, or studio apartments, that can be rented for the duration of your trip. They are fully furnished and come with full kitchens. Although they’re not beachfront cottages, they are not that far and bike rental service is offered. A heated outdoor pool is also located onsite. If you’re looking for the ultimate cottage experience, check out Tropical Winds Beachfront Motel & Cottages. Although these cottages are on the pricier side, compared to the previous mention, they are fully furnished one bedrooms that you can rent for the duration of your trip. They are also located right on the beach, with ocean views. They do have bike rental service, as well. These cottages are a little more secluded, offering more privacy, and is driving distance from the attractions on the island.
If you’re really trying to save money, you’re going to have to go farther out and away from Sanibel Island. There are some cheap hotels offered in the Fort Myers area. If you don’t mind driving, you’ll be able to save some money while being able to see what Sanibel Island has to offer. A good example of this is, LaQuinta Inn & Suites Fort Myers. Although this hotel is driving distance away from Sanibel Island, it does offer great amenities, which include a fitness center and a pool. The hotel is also located near shopping centers and restaurants.
Since most of the hotel options on Sanibel Island offer a bike rental service, your best bet is to explore the island by cycling, or try out a Segway if you’re feeling really adventurous. Stop by Periwinkle Way, which is the main hub for the island’s restaurants and shops. This is a great place to purchase souvenirs, as well.
There are two main attractions that tourist visit when they come to Sanibel Island. One of them is the J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge. When the refuge was built, it was originally meant to conserve the island’s mangrove forest. Now the refuge actually consists of half the entire island. Not only protecting the mangrove forest, but it’s also a shelter for animals on the island like crocodiles, alligators, and a ton of bird species. Hiking and biking are permitted through the preserve. You can also tour the refuge from the water. The second reason people visit Sanibel Island is for the seashells. Bowman Beach is well known for having beautiful and unusual shells. You can spend the day walking along the beach and digging for shells. Locals will tell you that discovering the rarest shells will take some work. You can actually find yourself spending hours at Bowman Beach. If you still can’t get enough of seashells, then make a visit to the Bailey-Matthews Shell Museum. Although the museum is small, it’s very popular and you are able to learn more about all of the sea treasures that you may have uncovered while at Bowman Beach.
Another attraction you should see, during your trip to Sanibel Island, is the Schoolhouse Theater. In the past, this bright-pink Sanibel landmark used to be a one room schoolhouse back in 1896. Today it’s a performing arts venue, hosting Broadway shows, live music concerts and comedy acts. Tourists and locals say this island favorite is a treasure. While you’re on the island, you should definitely try to see a show. You should also take a trip to Captiva Island, while you’re there. Captiva Island and Sanibel Island are often compared as being sister islands. Captiva Island is known for its dining. Many people like to have a nice dinner and watch one of the beautiful sunsets.
This small island packs a punch, in its own way. Everything you need to have a relaxing and fun vacation will be at your fingertips.
Price rangefrom $101to $361
- Hotel Sea Shells Of Sanibeldeals from $5
- Hotel Newly Renovated Coastal Chic Cottagedeals from $171
- Hotel Sundial Beach Resort & Spadeals from $111
- Hotel The Sanibel Inndeals from $106
- Hotel Island Inndeals from $156
- Hotel West Wind Inndeals from $123
More Top Hotels
- Seaside Inn
- Song Of the Sea
- Sanibel Island Beach Resort
- The Parrot Nest
- Sanibel Arms West Condominiums
- Shell Island Beach Clb Direct Gulffront Views, Free Bikes!
- Beachview Cottages
- Sunshine...sunsets...shelling...steps From The Beach...summer Weeks Available...
- Gorgeous Newly Renovated Coastal Cottage
- Pelicans Roost
- Palm View
- Sunset Beach Inn
- Casa Ybel Resort
- Our Tommy Bahama Inspired Elegant Escape -newly Remodeled
- Loggerhead Cay Condominiums
- June 3 - 10, Cancellation, Save $200 Off List
- Sundial C208 By Redawning
- Complete Renovation Steps To Beach, Golf, Pool And Tennis
- Coquina Beach 5C is a beautifully updated 2 bedroom 2 bath condo
- Beach Front - Seagrape Village 3
- Great Location At A Great Price!
- Loggerhead Cay 311 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath, Direct Beach Access, Recently Remodeled
- Don’t miss this well-kept beachside Sanibel condo in Loggerhead Cay.
- Penthouse- Two Bedroom Gulf Front
- Bay Front Views And Beautifully Remodeled ! Two Bedroom Condo
- Beautiful Sanibel Island Blind Pass Condo
- Sandalfoot - Sanibel! Fabulous 2br/2ba Gulf View Condo
- Spectacular View From This 3Rd Floor Unit.
- Best Value And Location On Sanibel Island - Sanibel Arms West
- Beachfront Condo , Ground Floor , Corner Unit , On Beach .2 Bedrooms , Sleeps
- Sanibel Beachfront Condo W Gulf View (Pool, Free Wifi, Instant Beach Access) Sandalfoot 4C3
- Luxury Loggerhead Cay Newly Remodeled/Free High Speed Internet / Pet Friendly
- Steps To The Sand! Two Bedroom- Beachside Complex
- Late summer special $150 off/week in August & September! Book now!
- Sanibel Surfside 125 in Sunny Sanibel Island
- Loggerhead Cay 253 - Top Floor Unit On Sanibel'S East End
- Close To Beach, Quiet Golf Comm, Wifi, Outdoor Shower, Covered Parking
- Cozy Beach Cottage Very Special Price Spring Break $3950 For 28 Nights
- Waterfront, So Close, It Feels Like You'Re On A Boat!
- Sanibel Island Condo - Steps To The Gulf Of Mexico - 2 Bedrooms & 2 Baths
- Sanibel Siesta On The Beach Unit 303
- Two Bedroom, Two Bathroom Sanibel Condo Located In Private Complex On The Beach - Villa Sanibel 1g
- One Bedroom Cottage With Deeded Beach Access - Duggers Tropical Village 3
- Hotels in Fort Myers Beach 7194 Hotels deals from $49
- Hotels in Fort Myers 2790 Hotels deals from $34
- Hotels in Captiva Island 1550 Hotels deals from $111
- Hotels in Naples 8697 Hotels deals from $45
- Hotels in Orlando 20811 Hotels deals from $25
- Hotels in Miami Beach 8874 Hotels deals from $27
More Top Destinations
- Fort Lauderdale
- Key West
- Cape Coral
- Bonita Springs
- Marco Island
- Daytona Beach
- Lake Buena Vista
- Clearwater Beach
- St. Pete Beach
- Panama City Beach
- St. Augustine
- Key Largo
- Cocoa Beach
- West Palm Beach
- St. Petersburg
- Treasure Island
- Boca Raton
- Punta Gorda
- Vero Beach
- Pompano Beach
- Port Charlotte
- Myrtle Beach
- Longboat Key
- Dania Beach
- New York
- Ormond Beach
- Palm Beach
- Las Vegas