Hotels in Scottsdale, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Scottsdale online
- Find a cheap hotel in Scottsdale!
- Book at the ideal price!
Scottsdale is a city of luxury blended with culture
The area of Scottsdale lies to the east of Phoenix city centre and is considered to be a part of the greater metropolitan area. It is home to a variety of luxury resorts, golf courses and shopping malls, however Scottsdale also has its own history and culture. Indeed, the area is known for its abundance of art galleries and this is a big draw for visitors. Scottsdale also offers a variety of sporting and outdoor opportunities, both for spectators and participants, elements which further increase the city’s broad appeal.
Downtown Scottsdale and its culture
Scottsdale history dates back to the late 19th century as an outpost in the ‘wild west’, but it has vastly developed from the 1950s onwards into its current affluent position. The core of the city is centred around the Downtown area which is home to the city’s oldest buildings. Scottsdale is still proud of its Western history and there are many signs of this culture across the Downtown, from architecture, bars and cuisine to an array of events and activities throughout the year. The Scottsdale Jaycees Parada del Sol is an annual festival featuring an assortment of rodeos and cowboy themed activities, which draw visitors from across the state of Arizona and beyond. During this time the Downtown holds an exciting air with busy bars full of people keen to soak up the atmosphere. Scottsdale is quite a spread-out city, focused largely around the automobile and walking between destinations can be tough in the intense heat and sunshine. Staying in one the hotels in Scottsdale AZ close to the Downtown does enable visitors to explore some of the key areas without transport.
A city with an abundance of art galleries
One of the key industries and visitor appeals of Scottsdale is its extensive arts scene; the city has possibly the highest number of galleries per capita across the entirety of the USA. Native American and Western themes have long been popular in the area and this is obvious from a visit to many of the art galleries, however there has been a significant rise of contemporary art in recent decades. The Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art provides an ideal overview of the growing contemporary art and is a good place to start discovering the modern Scottsdale and Arizona scene. The Art District of the city is also in the Downtown area and there are daily walking tours which allow visitors to further experience this cultural side of the city. In terms of performing arts, the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts hosts regular shows and exhibits, plus is part of the larger Scottsdale Civic Center Mall. There are ample hotel options in the Art District, convenient for visitors and in particular art lovers.
Shopping centres and golf resorts
Aside from just art products, Scottsdale AZ also contains a plethora of shopping opportunities across a wide range of categories. The Downtown of course is dotted with souvenir stores and small boutiques offering some more unique and local products, the Scottsdale Waterfront complex is a prime example of this. Away from the city centre there lie several larger and modern shopping centres which are popular with visitors. Scottsdale Quarter, Lincoln Village Shopping Center and Paradise Valley Mall are examples of the many upscale malls located to the north of the Old Town. They contain a variety of well-known brands as well as some smaller independent stores, mostly orientated around fashion and clothing, but additionally some fine dining establishments are present. This area of North Scottsdale is home to many of the resort style hotels in Scottsdale which benefit from the more spacious surroundings. Additionally, many of these resorts include golf courses or are close to several other golf courses present on the fringes of the city. Golf is another of the key reasons for visiting the Scottsdale area and guests are treated to some of the finest and most prestigious clubs in Arizona.
A variety of sport and outdoor activities on offer
Beyond golf, sport is generally a popular activity and pastime in Scottsdale, including from a spectator perspective. Scottsdale Stadium is home to the minor league baseball side, The Scottsdale Scorpions and catching a game is common for locals and visitors. In addition, the stadium is also the Spring training home for the San Francisco Giants major league baseball side and as a result many locals come to watch training sessions during this time. In basketball, hockey and football there are also other affiliated teams playing nearby in Phoenix and thus there is always an opportunity to watch live sport. Phoenix city centre itself is around a thirty minutes’ drive away from Scottsdale and so most visitors at least explore Phoenix in some capacity during a stay in Scottsdale, even if just flying into one of the city’s airports. Papago Park and the Phoenix Zoo are situated midway between the two cities and it is an excellent green area to enjoy, including a section along the Salt River. For further nature exposure, the Tonto National Forest is a vast protected area to the east of Scottsdale and presents a host of hiking and outdoor activities.
Price rangefrom $49to $997
- Hotel The Westin Kierland Resort & Spadeals from $161
- Hotel Orange Tree Golf Resortdeals from $84
- Hotel Fairmont Scottsdale Princessdeals from $276
- Hotel The McCormick Scottsdaledeals from $86
- Hotel Sheraton Desert Oasis Villas, Scottsdaledeals from $130
- Hotel Scottsdale Executive Condo/in-suite Washer/dryerdeals from $137
More Top Hotels
- Scottsdale Plaza Resort
- Talking Stick Resort
- JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa
- Scottsdale Villa Mirage Resort
- 3 Palms Hotel
- Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas
- The Phoenician - A Luxury Collection Resort - Scottsdale
- New 6 Bedroom Old Town Modern Oasis!
- Lux 5 Minute Walk To Old Town Scottsdale - 2 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Pool, Bbq
- 4br W/ Private Pool, Lush Backyard & Fire Pit - 5 Minutes To Old Town
- Kierland Condo, Resort Style Living!
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Scottsdale Resort
- Luxury North Scottsdale Allison Condos – Sleeps 4: Free Helicopter Ride
- The Scott Resort & Spa
- Remodeled Old Town Scottsdale Condo Near Camelback & Giants Spring Training
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale
- Hotel The Saguaro
- Sonesta Suites Scottsdale Gainey Ranch
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Scottsdale - Old Town
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch
- Spanish Hideaway W/ Pool
- Beautiful Spacious House With Mountain Views, 4 Bedrooms And Private Pool.
- Scottsdale Palms Located In Old Town Scottsdale!
- Hotel Valley Ho
- Old Town Scottsdale Gem, Walk Everywhere! Sleeps 8+, 5 Star Remodel!
- Dream Vacation Getaway - Relaxing, Beautifully Decorated 2nd Floor Condo
- Luxury Allison Condo: Newly Remodeled: Free 30 Minute Helicopter Ride For 2
- Mountain Views, Starry Skies, Hike, Bike, Golf And Play In North Scottsdale
- Mccormick Golf Retreat - Resort Amenities!
- Scottsdale Park Suites
- You Wont Want To Stay At A When We Offer You This!
- Mountain Shadows Resort Scottsdale
- Luxe 1br In North Scottsdale #4449 By Wanderjaunt
- Wonderful Location & Spacious! 3Br, 2 Bath Furnished Home!
- Winery Suites Of Scottsdale
- Contemporary Large Townhome In Old Town Scottsdale, Best Location
- Canyon Suites at the Phoenician
- Comfort Suites Old Town Scottsdale
- Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsdale Riverwalk
- Four Peaks B And B Romantic Getaway
- Paradise Found 2 Bedroom Condo By Signature Vacation Homes Of Scottsdale
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix/Scottsdale on Shea Boulevard
- The Phoenician, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale
- Private Guest House In North Scottsdale With Mountain Views
- Hotels in Phoenix 8921 Hotels deals from $28
- Hotels in Mesa 1980 Hotels deals from $27
- Hotels in Tempe 2146 Hotels deals from $28
- Hotels in Las Vegas 9157 Hotels deals from $17
- Hotels in Chandler 1171 Hotels deals from $41
- Hotels in Sedona 2943 Hotels deals from $68
More Top Destinations
- Paradise Valley
- San Diego
- Fountain Hills
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Litchfield Park
- Lake Havasu City
- Palm Springs
- New York
- San Antonio
- Casa Grande
- Myrtle Beach
- New Orleans
- Prescott Valley
- Cave Creek
- Santa Barbara
- Long Beach
- Apache Junction
- Big Bear Lake
- Santa Monica