Hotels in St. Augustine, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for St. Augustine online
- Find a cheap hotel in St. Augustine!
- Book at the ideal price!
SAINT AUGUSTINE, ON THE COAST OF FLORIDA
Everybody knows that Florida offers a huge amount of options in terms of travel destinations. How about choosing "the Nation's oldest city"?
Saint Augustine doesn't look or feel like any other city in Florida. You may not know this, but this city had a key role during colonization, and its Hispanic influence is absolutely striking. Those who are interested in history, and in particular in the history of the settlement, and in cities that offer interesting cultural blends, will have no chance of being disappointed in St. Augustine. The city's historic and cultural offer is nearly limitless: you will likely run out of time before running out of ideas.
But this city is also cool if you just want to visit or have fun. Its offer is comprehensive, meaning that there is not only history and culture to please you. It will also be a fine location for a family vacation. You will find activities that will please everyone, and is accessible for people of all ages.
A CITY OF HISTORY AND CULTURE
Few cities in Florida feature as much historic heritage as St. Augustine. This colonial city will please experts, or just about anyone who wishes to find out about Florida's highly interesting history.
One of St. Augustine's cultural highlights is of course the Colonial Quarter, your first stop to find out about the city's history. This visit is an interactive course suitable for all ages.
If the topic of colonization interests you, a good recommendation is the Spanish Military Hospital Museum. This venue features many explanations and artefacts from the colonial period, to understand the part of Spanish colonization in Florida. The Castillo de San Marcos was built in the 17th century to protect the settlement. This activity will also enable you to learn many interesting things on the history of Saint Augustine in relation with Spanish colonization.
If you are more interested in architecture, try the Lightner Museum: this former hotel features a stunning Spanish architecture and structure. A perfect complement for that is the Ximenez-Fatio House Museum. This house, which was preserved from the 18th century, is home to unique artefacts from that period, so you will discover the settlers’' way of life, and imagine how you would have gone around at that time.
Saint Augustine has a unique heritage, which is a blend of Spanish and American culture. You can discover more about it at the First Colony Exhibit, located at the Government House Museum. If you have the time to see all that, you will be an expert on Florida's history!
GREAT IDEAS FOR A SUCCESSFUL SHORT VISIT
If you're interested in culture but want to do other things as well, there are a few useful tips to be enjoyed so that your stay is extremely successful.
For starters, if you have little time to visit Saint Augustine, you should treat yourself to the best quality in terms of accommodation. To achieve that, the Anastasia State Park. This park offers everything you can dream of. Miles of wild beaches, a salt marsh, camping sites, hiking trails, water sports activities… You will never run out of things to do in that park! To top it off, this protected green area is home to an amazingly diverse fauna and flora. Its many bird species are definitely worth a look!
If you're not too tired after your hike, consider climbing the 200-and-some steps of the St. Augustine Lighthouse. This authentic monument will give you a stunning overview over the metropolitan area and its region.
Just because you have limited time, doesn't mean you won't enjoy St. Augustine, FL! Point proven!
A CHILD-FRIENDLY DESTINATION
When selecting a destination of a family vacation, you own fun and your children's are two constant preoccupations that sometimes seem impossible to reconcile. In St. Augustine, it won't even take the slightest effort!
Its convenient location right by the sea and its historic heritage make it interesting for the whole family. For instance, board a pirate for a day at the Black Raven Pirate Ship Adventures! Your kids will love this interactive adventure where they can discover the daily life of the pirates that really existed around Florida's coast a few centuries ago. If your children are really interested in Pirates, you might also want to look into the PIRATE & TREASURE, another interactive exhibition revolving around this legend of sea life.
You can also take advantage of being right by the sea to stimulate your little travelers' curiosity for marine wildlife. Therefore, head out to Marineland! This interactive family adventure will let you and your children in on the sea's fascinating secrets. Have your children ever had the chance to pet a stingray? Sometimes, the park even offers this opportunity! See their shiny eyes when they're looking at dolphins, or take them to the killer whale show to impress them!
Finally, if you want your kids to discover the history and heritage of St. Augustine in a way they will understand and enjoy, your best bet is Ripley's Red Train Tours! Kids will love this small train on wheels that will take you all around the city while providing explanations about what you're seeing.
Oh, and what do you need at the end of your tiresome day of fun with your loved ones? Comfortable, kid-friendly hotels where your whole family is welcome! If you're on a budget, try the Best Western St. Augustine I-95. With its convenient location not so far from the interstate, you will have easy access to downtown St. Augustine and to the freeway that will take you just about anywhere in the area.
A guaranteed blast for your entire family!
Price rangefrom $46to $467
- Hotel Top Rated! Beautiful Beach Retreatfrom $95
- Hotel New Vilano Beach Home 1St Floor 1 Bed Bath Private Entr 1 Block To Beach Accessfrom $85
- Hotel Ocean Village Club B15, 1 Bedroom, Ground Floor With Lanai, Sleeps 4, Wififrom $105
- Hotel Ocean Front Condo With Heated Pool Outdoor Patio Overlooking The Oceanfrom $125
- Hotel Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine Beachfrom $108
- Hotel Econo Lodgefrom $46
More Top Hotels
- Inn on Charlotte
- Cozy First Floor 2 Bedroom Condo Close To The Beach!
- The Kenwood Inn
- The Cozy Inn
- Quality Inn Outlet Mall
- Carriage Way Bed & Breakfast
- Hgtv Beach Inspired! Staugustine Brand New Renovation Oceanfront End Unit 1 Bdrm
- Beach Front / 2 Br & 2ba / Ground Floor / Great Location
- The Ponce St Augustine Hotel
- New! 3br St. Augustine Condo In Golf Complex W/spa
- Grande Villas at World Golf Village
- Magic Beach
- Days Inn Historic Downtown St Augustine
- Jaybird's Inn
- Beautiful Newer House Private Pool And Close To The Beach And Intercoastal
- Romantic Get Away - Immaculate Property - City Center
- Southern Wind Inn
- Anastasia Inn
- Historic Sevilla House
- Suite 4- Luxury Suite In Historic Downtown Saint Augustine - Walk To Everything!
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott St. Augustine I-95
- Casa de Solana
- OceanView Lodge
- St Francis Inn
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saint Augustine North
- Ocean Front & Heated Pool W/Private Balcony Overlooking The Ocean.
- Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection
- Howard Johnson Inn - Historic St. Augustine
- Casa Vilano
- The Heart Of Vilano Beach, Fall Special 4th Night $99 Restrictions Apply
- Sea Place 12128, 2 Bedrooms, Ground Floor, Pool, Wifi, Sleeps 6
- Hibiscus I-103, Ground Floor, 2 Bed, 2 Bath, Sleeps 4
- New! 3br St Augustine Home W/pool - Steps To Beach
- Beautiful 3 Bedroom, 2 1/2 Bath Home, Located In Heart Of St. Augustine Beach
- Beach Bungalow - Ocean View With Huge Deck - $110/night Through 2/25/18!
- Oceanview Townhouse. Newly Renovated And Only Steps Away From The Beach!
- 1930s Beach Cottage
- Penny Farthing Inn
- World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort
- Castle Garden
- Luke's Laterra
- Downtown Penthouse Villa Madrid With Wifi
- New! Historic 2br St. Augustine Apartment!
- Ocean Villas 40, 2 Bedroom, Ocean View, Pool, Sleeps 7, Wifi
- Hotels in Orlando 8850 Hotels from $27
- Hotels in St. Augustine Beach 196 Hotels from $65
- Hotels in Daytona Beach 873 Hotels from $38
- Hotels in Jacksonville 302 Hotels from $35
- Hotels in Kissimmee 14136 Hotels from $25
- Hotels in Lake Buena Vista 259 Hotels from $58
More Top Destinations
- Miami Beach
- Ormond Beach
- Jacksonville Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Panama City Beach
- Cocoa Beach
- Daytona Beach Shores
- Clearwater Beach
- Key West
- Fernandina Beach
- Palm Coast
- St. Pete Beach
- Myrtle Beach
- Atlantic Beach
- Ponte Vedra Beach
- Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Beach
- Sanibel Island
- New Smyrna Beach
- St. Petersburg
- West Palm Beach
- New York
- Vero Beach
- Treasure Island
- Orange Park
- Key Largo
- Boca Raton
- Las Vegas