Hotels in St. Augustine, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for St. Augustine online
- Find a cheap hotel in St. Augustine!
- Book at the ideal price!
SAINT AUGUSTINE, ON THE COAST OF FLORIDA
Everybody knows that Florida offers a huge amount of options in terms of travel destinations. How about choosing "the Nation's oldest city"?
Saint Augustine doesn't look or feel like any other city in Florida. You may not know this, but this city had a key role during colonization, and its Hispanic influence is absolutely striking. Those who are interested in history, and in particular in the history of the settlement, and in cities that offer interesting cultural blends, will have no chance of being disappointed in St. Augustine. The city's historic and cultural offer is nearly limitless: you will likely run out of time before running out of ideas.
But this city is also cool if you just want to visit or have fun. Its offer is comprehensive, meaning that there is not only history and culture to please you. It will also be a fine location for a family vacation. You will find activities that will please everyone, and is accessible for people of all ages.
A CITY OF HISTORY AND CULTURE
Few cities in Florida feature as much historic heritage as St. Augustine. This colonial city will please experts, or just about anyone who wishes to find out about Florida's highly interesting history.
One of St. Augustine's cultural highlights is of course the Colonial Quarter, your first stop to find out about the city's history. This visit is an interactive course suitable for all ages.
If the topic of colonization interests you, a good recommendation is the Spanish Military Hospital Museum. This venue features many explanations and artefacts from the colonial period, to understand the part of Spanish colonization in Florida. The Castillo de San Marcos was built in the 17th century to protect the settlement. This activity will also enable you to learn many interesting things on the history of Saint Augustine in relation with Spanish colonization.
If you are more interested in architecture, try the Lightner Museum: this former hotel features a stunning Spanish architecture and structure. A perfect complement for that is the Ximenez-Fatio House Museum. This house, which was preserved from the 18th century, is home to unique artefacts from that period, so you will discover the settlers’' way of life, and imagine how you would have gone around at that time.
Saint Augustine has a unique heritage, which is a blend of Spanish and American culture. You can discover more about it at the First Colony Exhibit, located at the Government House Museum. If you have the time to see all that, you will be an expert on Florida's history!
GREAT IDEAS FOR A SUCCESSFUL SHORT VISIT
If you're interested in culture but want to do other things as well, there are a few useful tips to be enjoyed so that your stay is extremely successful.
For starters, if you have little time to visit Saint Augustine, you should treat yourself to the best quality in terms of accommodation. To achieve that, the Ascend Castillo Real is a great option. This hotel satisfies nearly all its customers with its comfortable rooms, comprehensive and friendly service, and its great location right by the beach.
In general, when you have little time at your destination, you want to get a good look at the entire region. To achieve that, a cruise would be a great idea! Embark on one of the Scenic Cruise boats that will take you along the Florida shore, so you can see the entire city and its hinterland from the sea!
Florida has a unique natural setting, so you would be wrong not to take advantage of it! Head out to the Anastasia State Park. This park offers everything you can dream of. Miles of wild beaches, a salt marsh, camping sites, hiking trails, water sports activities… You will never run out of things to do in that park! To top it off, this protected green area is home to an amazingly diverse fauna and flora. Its many bird species are definitely worth a look!
If you're not too tired after your hike, consider climbing the 200-and-some steps of the St. Augustine Lighthouse. This authentic monument will give you a stunning overview over the metropolitan area and its region.
Just because you have limited time, doesn't mean you won't enjoy St. Augustine, FL! Point proven!
A CHILD-FRIENDLY DESTINATION
When selecting a destination of a family vacation, you own fun and your children's are two constant preoccupations that sometimes seem impossible to reconcile. In St. Augustine, it won't even take the slightest effort!
Its convenient location right by the sea and its historic heritage make it interesting for the whole family. For instance, board a pirate for a day at the Black Raven Pirate Ship Adventures! Your kids will love this interactive adventure where they can discover the daily life of the pirates that really existed around Florida's coast a few centuries ago. If your children are really interested in Pirates, you might also want to look into the PIRATE & TREASURE, another interactive exhibition revolving around this legend of sea life.
You can also take advantage of being right by the sea to stimulate your little travelers' curiosity for marine wildlife. Therefore, head out to Marineland! This interactive family adventure will let you and your children in on the sea's fascinating secrets. Have your children ever had the chance to pet a stingray? Sometimes, the park even offers this opportunity! See their shiny eyes when they're looking at dolphins, or take them to the killer whale show to impress them!
Finally, if you want your kids to discover the history and heritage of St. Augustine in a way they will understand and enjoy, your best bet is Ripley's Red Train Tours! Kids will love this small train on wheels that will take you all around the city while providing explanations about what you're seeing.
Oh, and what do you need at the end of your tiresome day of fun with your loved ones? Comfortable, kid-friendly hotels where your whole family is welcome! If you're on a budget, try the Best Western St. Augustine I-95. With its convenient location not so far from the interstate, you will have easy access to downtown St. Augustine and to the freeway that will take you just about anywhere in the area.
A guaranteed blast for your entire family!
Price rangefrom $47to $487
- Hotel The Smart Stay Inndeals from $64
- Hotel Beautiful 1/1 Oceanfront Condo - Beautifully Decorated - Heated Pool!deals from $136
- Hotel The Cozy Inndeals from $93
- Hotel Atlantic Oasis Lower Unit, Pet Friendly, Wifi, Pool, Sleeps 6deals from $6
- Hotel Hampton Inn & Suites St. Augustine-Vilano Beachdeals from $116
- Hotel Affordable, Funky & Fun In Downtowndeals from $6
More Top Hotels
- Carriage Way Bed & Breakfast
- Beachers Lodge 105 - One Bedroom Condo
- The Ponce St Augustine Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn St. Augustine Beach
- Spacious Modern House By The Beach! Top Rated! Great For Group
- Ground Floor Private 1 Bdrm/1 Bath Sleeps 4 - Pet Friendly
- Econo Lodge
- Casa de Solana
- Days Inn St Augustine West
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Saint Augustine North
- Hotel Southern Oaks Inn
- Beautiful Newer House Private Pool And Close To The Beach And Intercoastal
- World Golf Village Renaissance St. Augustine Resort
- Anastasia Inn
- Jaybird's Inn
- Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection
- Hibiscus 303-b - Two Bedroom Condominium
- Ocean & Racquet 2303, 2 Bedrooms, Pool Access, Wifi, Sleeps 6
- St Francis Inn
- Courtyard St Augustine I 95
- The Saint Augustine Beach House
- Days Inn Historic Downtown St Augustine
- Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic
- Hgtv Beach Inspired! Staugustine Brand New Renovation Oceanfront End Unit 1 Bdrm
- (private Pool) Just Listed Beach House With Private Pool
- Bella Bay Inn
- Hilton St. Augustine Historic Bayfront
- St Augustine Beach Ocean Village Club
- Suite 4- Luxury Suite In Historic Downtown Saint Augustine - Walk To Everything!
- The Saragossa Inn
- The Beach Retreat
- Villa Mulvey #2, in the heart of St Augustine
- Ocean Village Club N-33, 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath, Upgraded, Ocean Front Complex
- The Collector Luxury Inn & Gardens
- Red Roof PLUS+ St. Augustine
- Hibiscus 303-B
- Bayfront Marin House
- Beautiful 1/1 Ocean View - Sleeps 4 - Heated Pool!
- Saint Augustine Downtown Historic District
- Four Winds A-3t, 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Ocean Front, 2 Pools
- Luke's Laterra
- Nice Vacation Rentals
- Beach Bungalow - Ocean View With Huge Deck - $110/night Through 2/25/18!
- Pelican Inlet F137, Ground Floor Condo, Boat Parking, Pool, Tennis Court
- Hotels in Orlando 17307 Hotels deals from $28
- Hotels in St. Augustine Beach 735 Hotels deals from $68
- Hotels in Daytona Beach 2077 Hotels deals from $40
- Hotels in Jacksonville 934 Hotels deals from $37
- Hotels in Kissimmee 33976 Hotels deals from $26
- Hotels in Lake Buena Vista 741 Hotels deals from $60
More Top Destinations
- Miami Beach
- Ormond Beach
- Jacksonville Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Panama City Beach
- Cocoa Beach
- Daytona Beach Shores
- Clearwater Beach
- Key West
- Fernandina Beach
- Palm Coast
- St. Pete Beach
- Myrtle Beach
- Atlantic Beach
- Ponte Vedra Beach
- Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Beach
- Sanibel Island
- New Smyrna Beach
- St. Petersburg
- West Palm Beach
- New York
- Vero Beach
- Treasure Island
- Orange Park
- Key Largo
- Boca Raton
- Las Vegas