Hotels in St. Augustine Beach, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for St. Augustine Beach online
- Find a cheap hotel in St. Augustine Beach!
- Book at the ideal price!
A Stunning Spanish-Inspired City - It’s St. Augustine Beach
“The world is a book and if you do not travel you read only one page.” - Saint Augustine
Located on Anastasia Island, just six miles south of central St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach occupies less than two miles of space in Florida’s St. Johns County. What this coastal city lacks in size, visitors often find that it makes up for in character and ease of access to attractions and hotspots along the coast. Accommodation options include traditional hotels, condos, and B&Bs, so choose your favourite and dig into the delights of this popular seaside destination.
As its name suggests, you can look forward to a generous helping of beach life here. Hotels in St. Augustine Beach are typically near the waterfront so, once settled in, you’re never more than a short stroll from the sand. At St. Augustine Beach proper, you’ll find white sand along with attractions such as a playground and pavilion and the St. Johns County Ocean Pier. Vehicles are allowed on certain areas of the beach here although if you head a little further south, you can enjoy the quieter surroundings of Crescent Beach within Anastasia State Park. Similar unspoiled surroundings can be found at North Beach while those who like to combine sand with shopping will love the upscale retail options near South Ponte Vedra Beach. Pet owners needn’t miss the fun; dogs are welcome at several beaches in the area, including the popular Vilano Beach. Beach wheelchairs are available to hire from St. Johns County Beach Services Department.
St. Augustine, easily accessible from its beach suburb, is known as the Nation’s Oldest City so it is unsurprising that historic attractions are part of the fabric here. Many of these can be found within a block or two of the downtown Plaza de la Constitución. Those to look out for include the First Colony Museum, Cathedral Basilica of St. Augustine, and the St. Augustine Distillery Company. While it’s easy enough to visit the area’s historic attractions on a solo basis, tours are readily available in the area. For example, there are twice daily tours of Flagler College, the former site of Hotel Ponce de Leon, one of the iconic hotels of Florida’s Gilded-Age. The Old Town Trolley Tour, operating daily except for Christmas Day, is another popular way to explore St. Augustine’s historic destinations. Over 100 points of interest are easily accessible although highlights include the Fountain of Youth, St. Augustine Lighthouse, the Villa Zorayda Museum, and Castillo de San Marcos.
Shopping and Dining
Shopping choices near St. Augustine Beach are often found to be particularly good and, perhaps unsurprisingly, antique stores are plentiful here. Some of the best can be found along San Marco Avenue although it’s also worth heading north to the famous Antique Warehouse. Alongside the antique stores, you’ll find plenty of independent and speciality stores, all offering a fabulous selection of souvenirs. Bargain hunters will want to visit the area’s two outlet malls; St. Augustine Premium Outlets and Cobblestone Village. Wherever you choose to get your retail therapy, you’ll likely work up an appetite. There are restaurants to suit every appetite here but you’ll want to leave room to enjoy a meal at iconic local eateries such as Barnacle Bills and Salt Water Cowboys.
Recreation and Nightlife
Lazy days on the beach, shopping, dining, and historical tours are probably enough to keep most visitors busy but if you find yourself with time to spare, St. Augustine Beach has plenty up its sleeve. Recreation options in the area are often of the physical variety. Cycling and hiking trails are numerous although there are also many chances to explore the area by boat or on horseback. Golfers are also well catered for. There is a fair few members only clubs although public options such as TPC Sawgrass and the World Golf Village should keep fans of the fairway happy. Action packed days turn into fun filled nights and ways to spend the evening here are as varied as the daytime pastimes. Enjoy a drink at one of the area’s bars and clubs or put your brave face on and head off on a haunted tour of the city’s oldest pubs and graveyards. While some tours are suitable for guests aged over 13, tamer versions are available for families with younger children.
Exploring the Wider Area
If you’re enjoying a longer break, you may wish to explore a little further afield. St. Augustine Beach offers a perfect base from which to explore the Florida Coast. Just an hour north lies Jacksonville where attractions include the Kingsley Plantation and Little Talbot Island State Park. Head in the opposite direction and you could be enjoying trips to the European Village in Palm Coast or experiencing the thrills of the Daytona International Speedway. Plus, with Orlando just two hours away, theme parks such as Universal, Epcot, and Magic Kingdom are by no means out of reach.
St. Augustine Beach: The kind of place where you can be as laid back or as active as you like.
Price rangefrom $68to $283
- Hotel Newly Renovated, Fully Loaded, Beautiful Beach Condodeals from $114
- Hotel Hotel Quality Inn & Suites St Augustinedeals from $63
- Hotel Walk To Beach! Short Drive To Old Town St Augustine! Close To Everything!deals from $75
- Hotel Best Western Seaside Inn-St. Augustine Beachdeals from $92
- Hotel Courtyard St. Augustine Beachdeals from $108
- Hotel Guy Harvey Resort on St. Augustine Beachdeals from $98
More Top Hotels
- Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn
- Hotel La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites
- Beautifully Renovated 3 Bedroom Oceanview Condo
- Atlantic Ocean Front Condo Directly On The Beach
- Tropical Ocean View Condo
- Beachfront St. Augustine Beach Condo w/Pool Access
- Beautiful Oceanside Condo In Seawinds Steps To The Beach!
- Island South 11 By Vacation Rental Pros
- Comfy And Chic At The Beach! Cozy, Fun & Fabulous! Steps From St Augustine Beach
- Bright, Beachy Condo 15 Steps to the Sand, Free WiFi, 1st Floor, Large Pool
- Newly Renovated Steps From The Beach
- Barefoot Oceanview W/ Heated Pool, Cozy Beach Cottage Decor
- Nautical Smile - Great Beach House One Short Block to Ocean!
- Beautiful, Well-appointed Three-bedroom Beach House 300 Yards From The Beach
- 3 Bedroom Condo/ Sleeps 8 / Recently Beautifully Renovated
- St. Augustine Ocean And Racquet 1306, Steps To The Beach, 2 Bedroom Condo
- Ocean Paradise, Pet Friendly, Ocean Front, 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath Beach House
- Spectacular Oceanfront Condo!
- Ocean Reef Unit 104 - Easy Beach Living
- Fun Beach House, Duplex With Style - Unit A
- St. Augustine Beach And Tennis 117, Steps To Beach, 2 Pools,wifi.ground Floor
- The Historical Shrimpers, Large Family, Oceanside Beach House W/lawn
- Ocean & Racquet 3204, 2 Bedrooms, 2nd Floor, Sleeps 6, 2 Pools
- Oceanfront Neighboorhood
- St. Augustine Beach And Tennis Resort
- Ocean View. Heated Pool
- 1st Street Retreat A Newly Updated Dog Friendly Apartment With Fenced In Yard!
- Island South 11, Sleeps 4, 2 Bedrooms, Penthouse, Ocean Front, Pool, Wifi
- Oceanfront Dream!
- Barefootin Oceanview Duplex With Heated Pool
- Avery's Ocean Breeze B, Ocean View,3 Bedrooms, Pet Friendly, Sleeps 6
- Bright 1940s Beach Cottage With Pool & Hot Tub
- Oceanfront Home With Best Views On Beach.
- Beach Retreat In St. Augustine - So Cute!
- Winston At Ruby Dog On 4b Street
- Newly Constructed Beach Side Home With Private Pool On St. Augustine Beach- 5 Bedrooms/4 Bath
- Private 2b Carriage House Steps From The Beach. New Construction. Ideal Location
- Beach Home Steps To The Ocean/st. Augustine Beach All New
- 5 Star, Ocean-View Close To St. Augustine Attractions
- Dos Bungalows Unit B - Beach Retreat For 6 Or 12
- Sea Winds 62, Ground Floor, 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath, Garage, Pool, Sleeps 5
- St Augustine Island Inn
- Brand new listing! Upstairs unit just completed! Pets welcome!
- Hotels in St. Augustine 4708 Hotels deals from $47
- Hotels in Orlando 19688 Hotels deals from $28
- Hotels in Daytona Beach 2437 Hotels deals from $40
- Hotels in Jacksonville 1284 Hotels deals from $37
- Hotels in Kissimmee 38363 Hotels deals from $26
- Hotels in Lake Buena Vista 891 Hotels deals from $60
More Top Destinations
- Miami Beach
- Ormond Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Cocoa Beach
- Panama City Beach
- Palm Coast
- Daytona Beach Shores
- Jacksonville Beach
- Clearwater Beach
- Key West
- Fernandina Beach
- St. Pete Beach
- Myrtle Beach
- Fort Myers
- Atlantic Beach
- Fort Myers Beach
- Ponte Vedra Beach
- Sanibel Island
- New Smyrna Beach
- St. Petersburg
- West Palm Beach
- Vero Beach
- New York
- Treasure Island
- Key Largo
- Orange Park
- Boca Raton
- Las Vegas