Terms of Servicetrivago
AGREEMENT BETWEEN USER AND TRIVAGO
2. We do not sell Hotel Products The Platform is a hotel search engine that provides users with price comparisons for hotels. trivago does not provide, own or control any of the hotel services and products that you can access through our Platform (the “Hotel Products”). The Hotel Products are owned, controlled or made available by third parties (the “Hotel Providers”), either directly (e.g., a hotel) or through a facilitator of hotel reservations (e.g., an online travel company). The Hotel Providers are responsible for the Hotel Products. The booking of a Hotel Product takes place solely on the platforms of the Hotel Provider. The Hotel Provider’s terms and privacy policies apply to your booking, so you must agree to, and understand those terms. Further, the terms of the hotel where you plan to stay, if different from the Hotel Provider, will also apply to your booking, so you must also agree to, and understand those terms. Your interaction with any Hotel Provider accessed through our Platform is at your own risk, and trivago does not have any responsibility should anything go wrong with your booking. trivago has no control over the Hotel Products or Hotel Providers.
trivago hosts content, including prices, images and other information, made available by or obtained from Hotel Providers (“Provider Content”), as well as content provided by users, such as comments, ratings and other information (“User Content” and together with the Provider Content, the “Content”). trivago is in no way responsible or liable for the accuracy, quality, completeness, reliability, timeliness or trustworthiness of the Content, and trivago has no influence over the Content. In particular, we do not guarantee that Provider Content, in particular the prices reflected therein, will be updated in real time or that a particular Hotel Product will be available. As a result, the price displayed by a Hotel Provider may not correspond to that displayed on our Platform. Hotel ratings displayed on this Platform are intended as only general guidelines, and the we do not guarantee the accuracy of the ratings or of any User Content.
3. trivago express booking trivago offers its “trivago Express Booking” service, which allows a user to make a booking through our Platform. If you opt to use trivago Express Booking, the booking will be made with the Hotel Provider named on the booking page, and trivago will forward the booking information that you provide to the relevant Hotel Provider. When you make a booking through trivago Express Booking, our Platform acts as only a user interface, and you will only have a valid booking with a Hotel Provider if you receive written confirmation within two days from that Hotel Provider accepting your booking. The contract for the relevant booking will be made between you and the Hotel Provider. trivago has no responsibility for the booking or the Hotel Product because trivago has no involvement in creating the description of the Hotel Product, in defining the price and any fees, and in providing the Hotel Products that you book. If you have any issues or disputes around your booking and/or the Hotel Product, you agree to address and resolve these with the Hotel Provider and not with us.
4. Use of the Platform
As a condition of your use of our Platform, you warrant that:
- you are at least 18 years of age;
- you possess the legal authority to create a binding legal obligation;
- you will use the Platform in accordance with these Terms;
- you will only use this Platform for your private use to search for legitimate hotel deals;
- you will inform such other persons about the Terms that apply to any searches and/or bookings you have made on their behalf, including all rules and restrictions applicable thereto;
- all information supplied by you to our Platform is true, accurate, current and complete; and
- if you have an trivago account, you will safeguard your account information and will supervise and be completely responsible for any use of your account by you and anyone other than you.
The Hotel Products presented on the Platform are displayed in the currency you have selected. If you do not select any currency, the relevant currency for the respective top-level domain will be used as the default. Our currency conversion is for information purposes only and should not be relied upon as accurate and real time. Some Hotel Products may also be sold in another currency than the one preset or chosen by you for the display of the search results. Actual rates may vary and your payment provider (e.g. your credit card company) may charge conversion fees and apply another date’s exchange rate.
All prices displayed are to be understood as applying per night. For booking periods in excess of one night, the average price per night for the selected period is displayed. All displayed prices include, the applicable sales tax.
5. Prohibited Activities The content and information on our Platform (including, but not limited to, price and availability of hotel services) as well as the infrastructure used to provide such content and information, is proprietary to us or our suppliers and providers. While you may make limited copies of your itinerary (and related documents) for hotel reservations booked through our Platform, you agree not to otherwise modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, software, products, or services obtained from or through this Platform. Additionally, you agree not to:
- use our Platform or its contents for any commercial purpose;
- make any speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand;
- access, monitor or copy any content or information of our Platform using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on our Platform or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to our Platform;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- deep-link to any portion of our Platform (including, without limitation, the purchase path for any hotel services) for any purpose without our express written permission; or
- "frame", "mirror" or otherwise incorporate any part of our Platform into any other website without our prior written authorization.
6. Links to third-party sites Our Platform may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by parties other than trivago. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy or other practices of such websites. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you download (whether from our Platform or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. Our inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators.
8. Our liability is limited trivago makes no representations about the suitability of the Content displayed on our Platform for any purpose. The display on our Platform of a Hotel Product or any Content does not in any way imply, suggest, or constitute a recommendation by trivago of that Hotel Product or that Content, or any sponsorship or approval of such Hotel Product or such Content by such Hotel Provider, or any affiliation between such Hotel Provider and trivago. All Content and any other information provided on our Platform are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. trivago disclaims all warranties and conditions that this Platform, its servers or any email sent from trivago are free of viruses or other harmful components. trivago hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to any Content or any other information provided on our Platform, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular response, title and non-infringement.
The Hotel Providers are independent from trivago and are not agents or employees of trivago. trivago is not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties, breaches or negligence of any Hotel Provider, including for injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting therefrom. trivago will not be liable for any cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or other causes beyond its direct control. trivago does not accept responsibility for the uninterrupted accessibility to our Platform and may carry out technical or maintenance work on the Platform at any of its choosing.
In no event shall trivago be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of, or in any way connected with, your access to, display of or use of this Platform or with the delay or inability to access, display or use this Platform (including, but not limited to, your reliance upon opinions appearing on this Platform; any computer viruses, information, software, linked sites, products and services obtaining through this Platform; or otherwise arising out of the access to, display of or use of this Platform) whether based on a theory of negligence, contract, tort, strict liability, consumer protection statutes, or otherwise, and even if trivago has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
If, despite the limitation above, trivago is found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of, or in any way connected with, any of the occurrences described above, then the liability of trivago will in no event exceed, in the aggregate, One-Hundred Dollars (US$100.00) or the equivalent in local currency.
The limitation of liability reflects the allocation of risk between the parties. The limitations specified in this section will survive and apply even if any limited remedy specified in these Terms found to have failed of its essential purpose. The limitations of liability provided in these Terms inure to the benefit of trivago.
9. You agree to protect us You agree to defend and indemnify trivago and any of its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by third parties as a result of:
- your breach of these Terms or the documents referenced herein;
- your violation of any law or the rights of a third party; or
- your use of our Platform.
You agree to give us an opportunity to resolve any disputes or claims relating in any way to the Platform, any dealings with our customer service agents, any services or products provided, any representations made by us, or our Privacy Statement (“Claims”) by contacting trivago’s Customer Support Center here . If we are not able to resolve your Claims within 60 days, you may seek relief through arbitration or in small claims court, as set forth below.
Any and all Claims will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except you may assert Claims on an individual basis in small claims court if they qualify. This includes any Claims you assert against us and our subsidiaries. This also includes any Claims that arose before you accepted these Terms, regardless of whether prior versions of the Terms required arbitration.
There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. However, an arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including statutory damages, attorneys’ fees and costs), and must follow and enforce these Terms as a court would.
Arbitrations will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its rules, including the AAA Consumer Arbitration Rules and specifically Consumer Arbitration Rule R-14, which gives the arbitrator the power to rule on all issues concerning the arbitrability of any claim or counterclaim. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA's rules, except as provided in this section. If your total Claims seek less than $10,000, we will reimburse you for filing fees you pay to the AAA and will pay arbitrator’s fees. You may choose to have an arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions or in person in the state where you live or at another mutually agreed location.
To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your Claims to “trivago Legal,” at trivago N.V. Bennigsen-Platz 1, 40474 Düsseldorf, Germany. If we request arbitration against you, we will give you notice at the email address or street address you have provided. The AAA's rules and filing instructions are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879.
Any and all proceedings to resolve Claims will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If for any reason a Claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration we each waive any right to a jury trial. The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to these Terms. An arbitration decision may be confirmed by any court with competent jurisdiction.
11. Additional terms These Terms are governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, federal arbitration law, and for searches or bookings made by U.S. residents, the laws of the state in which you reside, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. Use of our Platform is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these Terms, including, without limitation, this paragraph.
Our performance of these Terms is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in these Terms limits our right to comply with law enforcement or other governmental or legal requests or requirements relating to your use of our Platform or information provided to or gathered by us with respect to such use.
If any part of these Terms is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not in any way be affected or impaired. Our failure or delay in enforcing any provision of these Terms at any time does not waive our right to enforce the same or any other provision(s) hereof in the future.
Fictitious names of companies, products, people, characters, and/or data mentioned on this Platform are not intended to represent any real individual, company, product, or event.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.