Hotels in Tybee Island, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Tybee Island online
- Find a cheap hotel in Tybee Island!
- Book at the ideal price!
Tybee Island, Georgia, United States: Low Tide and High Expectations
As the easternmost barrier island off the coast of Georgia, Tybee Island sits at land’s end. There’s one bridge leading to this little slice of paradise and a simple trip across will leave you wishing you were marooned and stranded for life. Tybee Island is that perfect island vacation, with a value on fun and relaxation in a location that’s only eight square kilometres. The island is a vacation hotspot that’s managed to keep a sense of community in place. Here, the expectations are high for fun and the only low spot to the entire holiday will be low tide.
Living That Beach Life
Much of Tybee Island real estate is offered as vacation rental homes, but there are also many boutique hotels offering southern hospitality and charm. A considerable amount of the beachfront area is exclusively for vacation accommodations with side streets allowing for easy walks to the beach. Hotel Tybee is the perfect example of this community feel and has been on the same site for over 125 years. The beachfront also has restaurants and pubs, as well as five kilometres of uninterrupted public beach ensuring access to those staying inland. There are also quaint inns and bed and breakfasts, as well as a camping and RV site at Rivers End Campground. Snowbirds, those escaping the harsh northern winters, can get reduced rates during the off season. The downtown area of Tybee is also pedestrian friendly and almost any site can be easily walked to.
Becoming a Beach Bum
If you’re serious about the beach lifestyle, Tybee Island has plenty for you to explore, both on and off the water. Tybee Pier and Pavilion on the south end of the island has spots for fishing and swimming and the north end of the island includes Tybee Lighthouse and Museum. The lighthouse is open for tours and visitors can hike to the top for amazing views of the surrounding waters, which might allow sightings of bottlenose dolphins that frequent the area. A better way to see the local sea life is with a dolphin tour or sea charter. Other fun beach activities include renting bicycles or two-, four-, or six-seater electric carts which can take you all over the island. Aspiring beach bums will want to make sure to visit Tybee Island during May for the Beach Bum Parade, featuring homemade floats and an island-wide water fight with squirt guns and hoses.
Tybee Island is bordered just off the coast by salt marshes that play host to a series of activities and adventures. Some water sports, such as surfing, can be found on the beach, but the quieter marsh waterways allow for paddle boarding, kayaking, and jet skis. While the deep-sea fishing ventures around Tybee Island is well known, chartering fishing boats for the inshore can provide unique catches from the lowland area. The Tybee Marine Science Center gives year-round programs to educate visitors about this unique natural area. Walking along McQueen’s Island Trail will also give a close-up view of areas not touched by tourism. The trail was built along a historic railroad line and offers nine kilometres of pathways with glimpses of native wildlife, including river dolphins, American alligators, and birds, like the osprey and red-tailed hawk. Hotels, motels, and rental units can also be found on the marsh side.
Tybee Island has long been referred to as “Savannah’s beach” because of its proximity. Savannah is a city steeped in history and visitors will be able to wander down cobblestoned streets leading to cleverly-designed parks, such as Forsyth Park, with fountains and statuary highlighted throughout the historic district. There are also more structured activities, like architectural tours, Civil-War re-enactments, and ghost tours in what is known as “America’s Most Haunted City”. The Old Town Trolley Tours of Savannah will allow guests hop on and off privileges throughout the city and will give humorous lectures of city history. While in Savannah, be sure to stop by and see the Juliet Gordon Low Birthplace, the home of the founder of the Girl Scouts of America.
Price rangefrom $59to $703
- Hotel Hotel Tybeedeals from $85
- Hotel Colorful, Beach-themed Condo W/ A Shared Pool, Only One Block From The Beach!deals from $6
- Hotel Loblolly Cottage On The South End Of Tybee. A Cozy, Quiet, Beach Retreat!deals from $6
- Hotel Vintage cottage w/ an outdoor shower, unique interior, near North Beach!deals from $6
- Hotel Southern Comfort' Only 2 Blocks From The Beach!deals from $149
- Hotel Tybee Island,2Pools Beach 50 Yards To Beach, King Bed, Adults $999. Per Week!deals from $108
More Top Hotels
- Heavenly Beach Retreat - 1 Bedroom
- Condo At Oceanfront Resort W/ Shared Pool/ Tennis - Steps To The Beach!
- Beautiful Cottage In The Sky! Relax On The North End Of Tybee Island.
- Perfect Updated North Beach Condo! Only Steps To North Beach!
- Best Ocean View Savannah Beach & Racquet Club, 3 Bedroom/2 Bath Private End Unit
- Quaint Mid-island Cottage With Private Pool
- Surfside Tiki - 9A Cozy Beach Unit For 2!
- Unbelievable Views From This Waterfront Savannah Beach & Racquet Club Condo!
- Atlantis Inn
- 1 Bedroom 1 Bath Bay Front Condo, Cheaper Then Hotel
- Tybee Exposure
- 2 Bd/2bath Condo! 200 Steps To The Beach! Water View!
- Pavilion Walk
- The Pelican House - Built With The Family Vacation In Mind - New Saltwater Pool
- Souvenirs à La Plage. 3 Bedroom 2 Bath Cottage. Front & Back Screened Porches!
- Sandpiper - Beautiful 2nd Floor Beach Front View
- DeSoto Beach Hotel
- Savannah Beach & Racquet - Unit A318 - Panoramic Water Views - Smoking Permitted
- Admiral's Inn on Tybee Island
- Oceanfront, Beautifully Decorated Condo, 2 Pools,Tennis Courts 37B
- Absolutely Charming - A True Tybee Experience
- Delightful Ocean View! King Bed With Large Breezy Porch, Free Parking & Wifi
- Beachside Colony
- Newly Listed/remodeled! 2 Bed 2 Bth Condo 200 Steps To Beach! May 1-23rd 168nght
- Lovely Penthouse In 3Rd House From The Beach. Wifi. Pet Friendly
- Pa'S Place - 2 Bedroom/1 Bath Cottage - Sleeps 6 Max
- Beach-chic Apartment / King Bed With Adjustable Mattress
- Dolphins+stunning Views! Charming Chic Lg Beachfront W/pool+ Sunset Views+wifi
- Cozy Tybee Cottage In Quiet Neighborhood, Walking Distance To Beach!
- Privately-owned & Natural Retreats-managed Condo at Tybee Island's Sea & Breeze complex
- Last Minute Reduced Weekday Rates For August And September
- Luxury Rental Vacation Tybee Home Sleeps 6 Adults And 2 Children
- Sandcastle Inn
- Lyons Beach Bliss - Downstairs - 3 Bedroom
- Great Gift Idea For The Whole Family- Wrap Up A Stay At This Lovely Beach House!
- Tybee Island Park Place 3 bedroom 2 baths. Wifi. Comcast. Certain Pets Welcome
- Econo Lodge Pooler - Savannah I-95
- Unit 217B, 1 Bedroom 1 Bath Condo, Bay/Beach Front Condo, Labor Day $85/Ng Spec
- Beachfront Desoto 109 Luxury 3br 2ba Condo With 1823 Sq Ft
- Private Waterfront Family Complex With Dock, Walk To Beach. Anglers Dream
- Family And Pet Friendly With Privacy Fence. Fall And Winter Sale Going On Now!
- New Listing! Quaint, Updated Cottage W/deck, Firepit & Views - Walk To Beach
- Historic Riased Tybee Cottage, Very Cool, Comfortable And Oh So Tybee
- South Beach Ocean Condos - North - Unit 1 - Just Steps To The Beach - Free Wi-Fi
- Hotels in Savannah 3260 Hotels deals from $37
- Hotels in Hilton Head Island 13611 Hotels deals from $67
- Hotels in Myrtle Beach 12538 Hotels deals from $35
- Hotels in Atlanta 7455 Hotels deals from $35
- Hotels in Charleston 2897 Hotels deals from $51
- Hotels in Orlando 18478 Hotels deals from $29
More Top Destinations
- Jekyll Island
- St. Simons
- Port Wentworth
- New York
- Daytona Beach
- St. Augustine
- Virginia Beach
- Miami Beach
- Panama City Beach
- Pigeon Forge
- Las Vegas
- New Orleans
- Fort Lauderdale
- Richmond Hill
- North Myrtle Beach
- Atlantic City
- Ocean City
- Lake Buena Vista
- Washington D.C.
- Key West
- Mount Pleasant
- North Charleston
- Cocoa Beach
- Clearwater Beach