Hotels in Wilmington, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Wilmington online
- Find a cheap hotel in Wilmington!
- Book at the ideal price!
Wilmington, North Carolina’s Hidden Gem
North Carolina has a lot to brag about. Stately mansions with towering oak trees, gardens dripping with azaleas and Spanish moss, miles of beaches, and the panoramic Blue Ridge Parkway make this state a tourist hot spot. Add to the mix artsy Asheville, cosmopolitan Charlotte, and old fashioned seaside communities like Carolina Beach, and you have a recipe for a fantastic holiday. If you’re looking for the perfect base, Wilmington, NC might just be at the top of the list for the fun break that you’ve been looking for. Historic mansions and hotels? Check. Top notch arts and culture venues? Check. Lots of green space for the kids to run around? Check. An up and coming craft brewery scene? Check. And that’s just a sampling of what your time in gorgeous Wilmington has in store.
It Doesn’t Get Any Prettier than Wilmington’s Downtown
The best way to get to know the city is with a walk through the historic downtown. You’ll soon discover that Wilmington is big on charm – turn of the century opulence is everywhere you look, and hundreds of historic buildings can be found in the 200 blocks of the downtown core. It would be easy to spend all day admiring the colonial era architecture, but when you’ve wandered enough, stop in Bellamy Mansion. Just be warned that you might not be saving the best for last, as this top-rated tourist stop is often a favourite. The mansion has an interesting blend of neoclassical architectural styles and is indeed a walk through history. Be sure to spend some time amongst the lush gardens and towering magnolia trees when you are finished inside. From here, it’s easy to get to another important historical site, the Burgwin-Wright House and Gardens. But before you arrive, why not do it in style and hop on a horse drawn carriage? You’ll feel right at home when you pull up to this Georgian house circa 1770 that is also a museum with objects and furniture from its early beginnings. When you’re ready to move on, the Riverwalk along the Cape Fear River allows for stops at restaurants and boutiques, plus important attractions like the USS North Carolina, a WW II battleship that is now a museum.
Downtown Has a Museum for Everyone
If you’re a museum buff, downtown Wilmington has several excellent ones that are worth a visit. The Cape Fear Museum allows you to see everything from a giant ground sloth skeleton to Space Place, a science and technology marvel that will delight inquiring minds young and old. If you have little ones in tow, the Children’s Museum of Wilmington is another downtown stop that warrants consideration. Let your imagination run wild at the Toddler Treehouse, Teddy Bear Hospital and Pirate Ship, among other thought provoking activities that will make you wish you were a kid again. If you don’t want the fun to stop, it’s all aboard to the Wilmington Railroad Museum, which traces the roots of the Atlantic Coastline Railroad through engaging interactive exhibits and more than 20 model trains. A 100 year-old locomotive steals the show, but the younger crowd might be just as enamored with the Thomas the Tank Train play area. For something decidedly more adult, the Museum of the Bizarre is a weird and wacky look into the world of the downright unusual. Everything from a unicorn horn to horror movie props can be found here, and lovers of the paranormal and mysterious will pass the time quickly. Downtown hotels worth the spurge include the historic landmark Graystone Inn, and the Wilmingtonian, a restored mansion that is within walking distance to most downtown tourist stops.
Outside is Where it’s At
On a nice day, Wilmington will impress you with its great selection of outdoor parks and gardens. You can stop and smell the roses at a number of sites, with one of the nicest being Airlie Gardens. Prepare to be amazed by the expansive grounds that showcase a variety of formal and informal gardens, 10 acres of freshwater lakes and an oak tree that is over 450 years old, to name a few of the show-stopping natural landscapes waiting for you. A special concert series and bird tours might coincide with your visit, so be sure to check the schedule. While smaller in size at seven acres, the New Hanover County Arboretum is another fresh air favourite that is hard to beat for sheer natural beauty. Let Mother Nature take you away at any one of the seven gardens, such as the Pollinator Garden, Rose Garden and Camellia Garden, not to mention the many trees, shrubs and grasses that could give even the most experienced gardener some inspiration. If you’d like another photogenic spot to consider, keep in mind Greenfield Park. You’ll be sure to find the perfect photo opportunity amongst the many scenic backdrops, and it is especially picture-worthy in the spring when the dogwood and azalea flowers are in bloom.
Price rangefrom $40to $333
- Hotel Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wilmington, NCdeals from $87
- Hotel America's Best Inn & Suites Wilmingtondeals from $54
- Hotel Baymont Inn & Suites by Wyndhamdeals from $61
- Hotel Hotel Rodeway Inn & Suites Wilmingtondeals from $45
- Hotel Value Place Wilmingtondeals from $72
- Hotel Vintage Condo 101 Wrightsville Beach Bridge – Walk To Dockside, Mellow, Poe’Sdeals from $83
More Top Hotels
- Elegant One Bedroom Apartment With Great Outdoor Spaces
- Hampton Inn Wilmington Medical Park
- The Wilmingtonian
- Port City Guest House
- Enjoy Wilmington In A Cute Key West Themed Cottage
- Chic Wilmington Condo In Brooklyn Arts District!
- Riverwalk Condo - River & Battleship Views, Deck W/ Pergola, Walk To Everything!
- Stella Maris Hostel
- Suburban Extended Stay of Wilmington
- Holiday Inn Wilmington-Market St.
- Hotel Sleep Inn Wilmington
- Hotel The Carolinian Inn
- Luxury Condo On The River-million Dollar View!
- Americas Best Value Inn Wilmington
- Mayfaire, Wrightsville Beach, Just A Short Walk/Bike Ride Away
- Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
- Quality Inn Wilmington
- Main Stay Suites Wilmington
- Urban Condo With History Of Film And Television
- Hampton Inn Wilmington - University Area/Smith Creek Station
- Courtyard Wilmington Downtown/Historic District
- Extended Stay America Suites - Wilmington - New Centre Drive
- The Masonboro Island Suite At The Tarrymore
- Best Western Plus Coastline Inn
- Vintage Condo 300 Wrightsville Beach Bridge – Walk To Dockside, Mellow, Poe’S
- Angies B&B
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Wilmington Riverfront
- Hampton Inn and Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
- Southern Charm House
- Charming Getaway 7 min from the Beach & State Park, Close to Restaurants & Shops
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington-University Ctr
- Budgetel Wilmington
- Best Western Plus Wilmington Wrightsville Beach
- Wingate by Wyndham Wilmington
- Comfort Suites Wilmington
- TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
- Vintage Condo 107 Wrightsville Beach Bridge – Walk To Dockside, Mellow, Poe’S
- Riverview Suites At Water Street Center
- Historic Home In Downtown Wilmington
- Updated Condo 115 Wrightsville Beach Bridge – Walk To Dockside, Mellow, Poe’S
- C.W. Worth House
- Staybridge Suites Wilmington - Wrightsville Bch
- Vintage Condo At Wrightsville Beach Bridge ‚Äì Walk To Dockside, Mellow, Poe‚Äôs
- Historic District 1901 Home- Walk To The Riverfront, Downtown Square/unit C
- Hotels in Myrtle Beach 17668 Hotels deals from $30
- Hotels in Wrightsville Beach 1139 Hotels deals from $130
- Hotels in Carolina Beach 2817 Hotels deals from $48
- Hotels in Charlotte 4395 Hotels deals from $37
- Hotels in North Myrtle Beach 12958 Hotels deals from $41
- Hotels in Virginia Beach 4459 Hotels deals from $28
More Top Destinations
- New York
- Ocean City
- Atlantic City
- Washington D.C.
- Ocean Isle Beach
- Kill Devil Hills
- Pigeon Forge
- Las Vegas
- Miami Beach
- Daytona Beach
- Winston Salem
- Morehead City
- New Orleans
- St. Augustine
- Panama City Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Rocky Mount
- New Bern
- Nags Head
- Atlantic Beach